|First Appearance:|| Shortpacked! 22 April 2011|
Malaya joined the Shortpacked! team at the recommendation of her roommate Ken, but only after Arnold reminded her that she'd been unemployed for six months and pissy faces alone wouldn't pay the rent.
Initially, she intended to quit her new job after one day, but changed her mind after meeting Leslie Bean. The two briefly dated after Leslie broke up with Robin, although Malaya eventually discovered that she wasn't really into girls after all. After a brief fling with Jason Atwood, she decided to give up on relationships with humans entirely and turned her sights on Ultra Car instead. So far, this has worked out better than you might expect.
Malaya is openly contemptuous of "nerd" culture, and has a particular dislike for fellow employee Lucy. That dislike only got worse once Malaya's 23rd birthday rolled around, killing her metabolism and causing her to gain several pounds literally overnight.
- Malaya was added to the cast in an effort to provide some context for Ken and give Leslie a post-Robin love interest. The character's design evolved from a grumpy-looking Filipino girl David Willis sketched while at a convention.
- Appropriately enough, her name translates to "independent."
- Her last name, Eugenio, was chosen by Multiplex creator Gordon McAlpin, and was first revealed during the Shortpacked!/Multiplex crossover.
- Said crossover was apparently Gordon McAlpin's idea.
- Owns an iguana named Fuckface (originally "Herbert").
- According to her housemate Angie, she "smells like a burnt electrical socket".
Dumbing of AgeEdit
|First Appearance:|| Dumbing of Age 15 March 2014|
|Likes:||Roller derby, swearing, rage|
Malaya is an IU student who has somehow managed to drift into a sort-of friendship with Sal and Marcie. Marcie has admitted to ulterior motives, however. Malaya doesn't seem to like Sal one bit. She also strongly dislikes her roommate Lucy.
- She is on a roller derby team.
- She was willing to learn American Sign Language in order to better communicate with Marcie.
- She's not that great at it yet, though.
- Claims to be incapable of even getting a buzz from a single beer
- She's Malaya. She does what she wants.